About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, March 8, 2010

Adam's Train Party

First off, I have to apologize for the lack of quality pictures for this post!  I was running behind setting everything up for the party (in 100+ degree weather!), so the pictures are lacking.

Adam has a total train fixation, so of course his 3rd birthday party had to be all about trains!  We rented a pavilion at a local park, thinking that the weather would be perfect.  Wrong!  We had a crazy heat wave come through and temperatures were over 100 degrees.  We were all melting, and so was some of the food!  But it was a great party, nonetheless.


Food:
For food, I kept it simple.  We had pizza, jello cubes, chocolate dipped marshmallows, pasta salad, chips, and fruit.




Decorations:
We decided not to go all out on the decorations since we would be outside.  The colors were red, blue, and yellow, which I carried out through the birthday banner, balloons, and cupcake toppers.


Activities:
I had several easy activities for the kids.  Instead of cake, I found this cute pan from Williams-Sonoma.  I baked a bunch of little train cars and set out icing, candies, and sprinkles so that the kids could decorate their own mini cake.  For a craft, I found this cute train puzzle from Oriental Trading.  Each child decorated a train car and put their name on it.  These are now displayed in Adam's bedroom, and it's a great way for him to remember his friends (since we moved shortly after the party).  I also had several train stamps and blank paper so that the kids could make a picture to take home.  And we had pinata too, always a favorite!


All in all, the party was a success (despite the heat)!  Adam and his friends all had a great time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment