About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Thursday, March 18, 2010

Before and After: Dining Room

This will be my first in a series of before and after pictures of our house! We recently bought our first house in November last year. It's an older house (built in the early 70's), but I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. My husband wasn't so sure though...it was difficult to see past all of the ugly wallpaper and junk that the sellers had. I have never seen so much STUFF in one house before! We couldn't even walk in to two of the bedrooms because they were filled to the ceiling with stuff. Just lots and lots of stuff!

Our first project when we moved in was to get rid of all of the nasty carpet and funky wallpaper. The wallpaper proved much more difficult that we thought. It was 4 layers deep in some areas; even the light switch covers were wallpapered! Yikes! But we finally got it all peeled off (and by we, I mean hubby) and got a fresh coat of paint on the walls. I decided to go with Tobacco Road, as I fell in love with it the first time I saw it on the Nesting Place. We the replaced all of the carpet with new carpet, added new baseboards, and put down new flooring in the dining room.

It's still a work in progress, but it's slowly turning into the house I have pictured in my mind. I want to get new tile in the entryway, and then I'll post the before and after pictures of the living room. For now, here is the dining room:

Before:
This was with the seller's items.  Notice the yucky carpet and the awful wallpaper.


After:
We painted the walls Tobacco Road (though it shows more yellow in the picture than it actually is), replaced the flooring, and added new trim, curtains, and a light fixture.



So there it is!  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially the flooring that hubby put down himself.  Living room and playroom pictures coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. WOAH!! Does not even look like the same room! Are you sure you don't miss the old room?LOL! Really loven the floor colour and the stars!

    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks much bigger in the after. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new dining room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, huge difference! Love it, very simple and elegant. Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza!! What a transformation... it looks great! It's beautiful.

    By the way... love the name of your blog! :) My sister and I *loved* to make mud pies when we were little!

    ~Jennifer
    www.studiojru.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    We didn't know the best way to get in touch with you, but you are a WINNER for our Spring Break Giveaway Days at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! Thank you for commenting on our blog. You have won 2 FREE SkyRide passes. Please email me at larmstrong@cmzoo.org so we can get your information and send you your tickets.

    Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

    Lauri Armstrong
    Social Media Coordinator at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
    719-633-9925 x147

    ReplyDelete
  7. I peek in on your blog from time to time since finding you & was curious as to where you found the stars. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone!

    Shell- I found all of the stars at Hobby Lobby, but I've seen a few at JoAnns and Bed Bath & Beyond too.

    ReplyDelete