About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, March 8, 2010

Low-Cal Baby Tiramisu

Tiramisu is one of my absolute favorite desserts (a close second to cheesecake)!  I hosted a small girl's night in a couple weekends ago, and I was searching for a yummy low calorie dessert to serve.  I found this on Eating Well, and it's definitely a keeper!  They turned out yummy and cute, and I didn't feel guilty about eating one (or two!).

Baby Tiramisu

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, (4 ounces)
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 12 ladyfingers, (about 1 3/4 ounces)
  • 4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided
  • 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted  
Preparation:
    1. Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
    2. Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment