About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Thursday, March 11, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Fortune Cookies

St. Patrick's Day is less than a week away (which means Easter is right around the corner)!  I wanted to make something for my son to give to his school friends, so I thought I'd try my luck (ha ha) with making fortune cookies.  I'm not going to lie, it was tough.  The first dozen cookies went straight to the trash, but it slowly improved from there.  I used this recipe because of it's simple ingredients.  If you're going to make these yourself, here are a couple tips I learned:

  • Make at least a double batch of the recipe.
  • Spray your cookie sheet with Pam after each set of cookies.
  • Spray the spatula too.
  • Only make 3 cookies at a time.  Any more, and they will harden too much before you can finish folding them all.
  • Flip the cookies upside down before you put the fortune in and fold it, it looks prettier.

After all of you're cookies are finished, set them aside to cool.  You can then dip them in melted chocolate.  I chose green candy melts (found at Michael's).  You can also add toppings- nuts, sprinkles, shredded coconut, etc.  The possibilities are endless!  I decided to keep 'em plain :).

I made two dozen of these little guys.  The fortune I added says "I'm lucky to be your friend!".  I put each one in a little cellophane bag and tied it with a cute greet ribbon.  Easy Peasy!


I'm linking this post to these fabulous sites:







Photobucket



7 comments:

  1. I love the bright green! Usually I see a darker kelly green, but yours is so cute and happy! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are brave making them from scratch. I've dipped them for Valentine's Day before but always the first step has been: Stop at nearest Chinese restaurant and purchase two dozen fortune cookies. Very fun twist for St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea !!! That is great for St.Patrick's Day.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SUCH a great idea! I love it. Such a cute saying in it too. So perfect for St. Patty's.

    Thanks for linking up at the Spring has Sprung Party at Fun to Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling idea!! I would love to throw some of these together some time for party favors. Wouldn't these be great for a child's birthday party?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is adorable! I am also a mom to two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I came across that recipe around Valentine's Day & wanted to try it, but ran out of time. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete