About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sweet Chickadee No Soliciting Sign


Sorry for the lack of posts!  I've been sick with bronchitis this past week (which, I have decided, was a bad idea since Adam's been on Spring Break!).

Anyway, I thought I would share a quick craft I just whipped up.  Since the weather has gotten nicer, our house has been bombarded by door-to-door salesmen of all types!  Magazines, steaks, carpet cleaning, religious inquiries...they're all knockin' on my door.  I decided to make a cute little sign to (hopefully) deter the endless interruptions.




 Here she is!  Cute, simple, and to the point.  I found the wood birdie from this etsy site, painted it a sweet chocolate brown, used a colored pencil to write the words, and glued a ribbon on the back.





Here she is hanging outside by the doorbell; my scarecrow for salesmen.  Crossing my fingers she does her job!

I'm linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. What a cute way to display such a message. I wish I had that on my door Monday when a wouldn't take no for an answer salesman kept bugging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I would love for you to come link up over at my blog! I've got prizes :)
    -Jill
    http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute!! It's nice that it's cute and stylish and not too rude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bird. I love it. Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

    ReplyDelete