About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Eggs, Cricut Style

Happy Easter!  I hope all of you had a fantastic Easter filled with family and friends.  We had a great day over here; started the morning off with a wonderful church service, followed by an Easter egg hunt out back with the kids, and now we're about to enjoy a delicious pot roast.  Yum!

I wanted to share some pictures of our egg dyeing adventure :).  I saw a wonderful tip in Family Fun magazine- just stick a hard boiled egg inside of a whisk and let the kids dunk it.  It worked wonderfully!  Wonder why I never thought of it before!



I set aside a few eggs for myself too.  I wanted to try a method I heard about- making designs on the eggs with my Cricut and vinyl before dyeing them.  I think they turned out super cute!


The only tricky part was getting the vinyl design to stick pIroperly to the curved egg.  There were some areas were it bubbled up on the edge, and a little bit of color got underneath.  But I'm pretty pleased, all-in-all :).

I think this one is definitely my favorite.

Loving the green!

Pretty in Pink


Have a wonderful rest of your Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment