About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Saturday, October 16, 2010

Robot Birthday Party

Yes, I know it's been quite a while since my last post!  Life got pretty busy around here for a while, but now that school is back in session and things are quieting down a bit (for now), I'm looking forward to getting back in crafting/blogging mode.  But don't worry, I still took pics of the crafts and parties that I've been doing, and I will be posting those throughout the week!

But today I want to share with y'all the robot birthday party I put together for my son's 4th birthday.  I already knew that I wanted to do a robot theme, so imagine my excitement when I found out that a new Cricut cartridge called Robotz was coming out!  It really helped with the decorations, and was a great time saver (I can't imagine how long it would have taken to hand cut all those little guys!).  Please excuse the less than perfect pics, most were taken in a hurry!


Invitations


The invitations were one of my favorite parts about the party, and they too cute!  I used the Cricut Robotz cartridge to make them, and then glued on some googly eyes.  The center flap opened up and had all of the party information on it.  My son loved passing them out to all of his friends.


Decorations
Drink table with the favor boxes, blow-outs, and masks

Centerpiece- my son's favorite robot

  
Birthday Banner above the food table (sorry for the bad pic!)

 The pinata. Fun fact- it was a Kung Fu Panda pinata that I picked up on clearance, and just covered up the original pic ;)


Food

Robot fruit display...the kids really loved this!

 Robot cake.  Not my best work, but my son loved it!

The rest of the food was pretty basic, since I was running short on time.  We did pizza, chips, cheese sticks, veggie tray, etc.


Activities/Favors/and THE Robot

This was the favor box.  It had robot tattoos and stickers, robot shaped bubbles, a sucker, and a cute little gumball machine that I picked up on clearance after Easter.
 
This was the activity table downstairs.  I had robot tattoos to apply, and robot stickers, markers, and colored paper for kids to make pictures with.  I also had a few robot books set out here.

This was THE robot.  I have to give props to my wonderful husband and brother on this one, they really went all out!  It actually has lights and switches that really work on the front (yes my hubby is a bit of a techie geek, lol).

And it looked even more amazing when it was on!  My brother played the part, and did a great job with it.

We had the kids play a couple games outside, this one was "Robot Says"...like simon says.


So all-in-all it was a great party, even though it was a little more basic than I usually do.  But the birthday boy and his friends all had a blast, and that is the most important part.  And of course you know I have to throw in a few more random pics for good measure! 

Robot high fives!

Blowing out the candles :)

My silly little 4 year old!

1 comment:

  1. this woud have been one fun party love all the robotz things

    ReplyDelete