About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cookie Party

What better way to get into the holiday spirit than with friends and cookies?!  I hosted a Christmas cookie exchange party last weekend, and had a blast doing it.  The rules were simple:  Bring a 1/2 dozen cookies per person attending, plus an extra dozen to taste during the party.  That way each guest ends up going home with an assorted variety of cookies.

I kept this party sweet and simple.  For decorations I made hanging poms (check this tutorial out if you've never made them before).  And of course I had all of my regular Christmas decor up.


For food, I had mini pigs in a blanket (with gingerbread toothpics), spinach, artichoke and cheese bread bowls, and chips and dip.  I had a drink table set up with yummy wassail, candy cane cocktails, and egg nog.







I had two prizes to give out- one for best tasting cookie, and one for the best looking cookie.  The prizes were a cute holiday potholder and towel set, with a silicone spatula in a cute little bucket.  The favors are rolled up oven mitts, tied with a ribbon and candy cane.





We also did an ornament swap, white elephant style.  All in all, it turned out to be a really fun little party, and I definitely plan on doing it again next year!  Merry Christmas :)

My decorated sugar cookies



I've linked this post with these fabulous blogs: Skip to my Lou, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft-O-Maniac, It's Fun to craft!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your decorated cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw you linked to my blog so i ended up here and i'm so glad i did!!! i'm throwing a cookie party friday and have been needing inspiration. love your favors! great job. :)

    ReplyDelete