About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, December 6, 2010

Goldfish Baby Shower

I hosted a double baby shower this past Spring for a couple of friends.  I decided to go with a goldfish theme, with orange, blue, and green being the main colors.  I think it turned out absolutely adorable!


Decorations

For the decorations, I made hanging poms from blue and orange tissue paper.  This was my first time making poms, and I was surprised with how easy it was!  I followed this tutorial.



I also used fishbowls with goldfish crackers throughout the room, as well as several live fish centerpieces.



Food

The food was pretty simple.  We had catered sandwiches and fruit.  I also made pasta salad and had goldfish crackers of course!  The cupcakes had cute little fishies to match the theme.  We also had punch (served out of a punch bowl that looked like a giant fish bowl) and lemonade.




Favors and the Diaper Cake

For the party favors I made cute little lavender scented soaps with a fish in the middle.  I used a great tutorial from this site, and piled them in a tall glass jar.  The diaper cake was also blue and orange with goldfish on it.  It was my first attempt at a diaper cake, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!



1 comment: