About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Owl Valentines

Yes, it may be a little early to be making Valentines, but I was so excited to try out my idea that I couldn't wait!  The owls were very easy to make, anyone can do it!



You will need:
Oreos
Dark chocolate melts
Light chocolate melts
White chocolate melts
Orange chocolate melts
Icing bags
Ribbon or twine
Plastic bags
Card template

Follow the instructions on the bag for melting the dark chocolate melts.  Dip oreos in the chocolate until completely coated.  Set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Melt the light chocolate, white chocolate, and orange chocolate and pour into icing bags.  Use the light chocolate to make the wings, the white chocolate for the eyes, and the orange chocolate for the beak and legs.  Let the oreos set up in the fridge then put each one in a plastic bag.  Print the owl Valentines, use a hole punch, and tie onto the bags using ribbon or twine.  Easy as pie!










I've included a link to the Valentine cards just for y'all!  Enjoy!


(A different way to do the owls if you like)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are SO CUTE!!! I'm going to have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! These are to stinkin' cute! I'm so glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO cute. My boys would love them. :)
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! I made some owl themed treats for Valentines', but out of chocolate dipped marshmallow valentine peeps. I have a hunch yours are much more scrumptious! I love your creative packaging and whimsical style! Happy Valentines' Day! Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great ideas! I will be back to see what else you are doing! :)

    I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award. You can visit my site for all of the details on accepting the award :)

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. For all of your cute, kid-friendly ideas... I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete