About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to School Party

It's been over a week now, and I'm still having trouble with the fact that my oldest is in Kindergarten now!  I can't believe how fast time really does fly.  To get ready for the upcoming school year we decided to have a back to school party with all of his friends.  Rather than do a long post, I thought I would just do a short recap and post the pictures. 

The food was pretty simple.  We had sandwiches, chips, applesauce, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, apple cake pops, chocolate covered crayons, and milk.  I used a lot of decorations from the Dollar Spot at Target, including letters, numbers, and a pencil and crayon vase.  I glued letters and numbers to white tin pails to hold the apple pops.  I also made flashcard garland and poms to hang up around the house.  For activities we decorated backpack tags that I found off of Ebay.  We also listened to School House Rock and had balloon animals from a friend of mine.  For favors I had pencil boxes filled with crayons, stickers, pencils, bookmarks, etc.  I had glitter glue so each kid could write their name on their box.  I love how it turned out, and everyone had a wonderful time!













1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Will borrow in 3 years when DS heads for Kindergarten! LOL!

    ReplyDelete