About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, August 22, 2011

Cutie Pies

Ok, I admit it....I cannot get enough of these cute little pies in a jar!  There are lots of them out there, and I just *had* to take a stab at it for myself.  I am so happy with the outcome!  They make fantastic gifts for friends, neighbors, teachers, or just about anyone!  You can even freeze them and keep them on hand for a fresh baked pie anytime.  Here are some pics of my creations.  I've made apple, cherry, and nectarine/raspberry pies, yummm!






They are super simple to make.  Just use a pie dough recipe (or buy the premade dough in the refrigerated section with the biscuits.  If you use the premade dough, you'll get 4 pies from each box.  Use the little half pint jars (I found mine at Wal-Mart, they are the Better Homes and Gardens brand) and press the dough around the sides and bottom of the jar.  Fill with your favorite pie filling, just don't overfill or it will bubble out!  Using the lid, cut out a circle of dough to go on top.  Make sure to add a vent hole of some kind!  Use a fork to crimp the dough circle to the rest of the dough.  At this point you can either put them on a cookie sheet and bake them, or attach the lid and stick them in the freezer.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes if fresh, or for 1 hour if frozen.  Add a little ribbon, and viola- you have an easy, cute, and yummy gift for yourself or a friend!

Here they are all ready to go-




And in case you want it, here's the recipe I used for my nectarine raspberry pie.  It is SO tasty!

Nectarine Raspberry Pie

Ingredients:
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 c. sliced fresh nectarines (med. size)
1 1/2 c. fresh raspberries
1 tsp. lemon juice

Simply mix all the ingredients together (dry ingredients first) and spoon into pie crusts.  Easy Peasy!

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed - thanks so much for sharing these! I love baking pies - and this is a great gift idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please email me at nicole.bowlin@yahoo.com with some awesome party ideas on a cupcake themed birthday party for my 2 year old. I want something really cute and over the top for party favors. Something like the cupcake in a box party favors or cake in jars, or cupcake ornaments...since it's around christmas. I would love any ides you can give. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete