About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cupcakes in a Jar

Let's face it...there are few desserts as cute (and yummy!) as cupcakes.  So many different flavor combinations, and the design ideas are unlimited.  I've played around with different pies in a jar, but this was my first cupcake in a jar experience.  I think they turned out fun!

I do not recommend doing it the way that I did.  I split up the cake batter into two different 9x13 pans, baked and cooled the cakes, and then used the jars upside down like a cookie cutter to get a round piece of cake into the jar.  Looking back, it would have been much easier to just bake a normal cupcake, unwrap it, and put it in the jar.  There wouldn't have been any waste that way.

Then I just frosted them with a piping bag like I normally would have, and topped them with a few sprinkles.  TaDa: Cute little cupcake to-go!  I plan on sending them to school with the kiddos tomorrow, I'm sure the teachers will appreciate a sweet treat.  These would be great for birthday parties too!



No comments:

Post a Comment