About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, January 21, 2013

Decoupage Letters- How To

Decoupaging letters is an easy and fun way to add a pop of color to a bedroom, playroom, or any space!  You can make a child's name, or do the entire alphabet like me.  Its affordable too, if you can watch the sales at Michael's, JoAnn's, or Hobby Lobby and get the supplies at a discount.  Here's what you'll need:
  • Wood letters
  • Scrapbooking paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam paintbrush
  • X-Acto knife

First, brush the front of the letter with Mod Podge.  Use a thin coat and try to get it as even as possible.

Next, put the letter face down onto the paper.  Press it firmly to make sure its all stuck.  I repeated this with every letter, stacking the letter and the entire piece of paper on top of one another until all the letters were done.

You want to make sure the letters are dry before you start to cut them.  Take a letter (stuck to the paper) and put it on a cutting board.  Use the X-Acto knife to cut closely around the entire letter.

After all the letters have been cut out, its time to seal them.  Go over each letter with a coat of Mod Podge to seal the paper.

Let the letters dry, and you're done!  I decided to do all my letters in the same paper, but you could do coordinating paper for a different look.   I'll be blogging pictures of what I did with the letters next, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment