About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, January 21, 2013

Fireplace Makover

I have a love/hate relationship with the fireplace in the kiddos' playroom.  Ok not so much, I just hate it.  I don't like the brick, the brass doors are ugly and dated, and the dark wood mantle had to go.  We don't use this fireplace at all...we're just not really fireplace people.  Plus its in the playroom instead of the main part of the house. 



I posted my plight on facebook looking for ideas on how to make it look better.  Originally I was planning on painting the brick, but my friends quickly talked me out of that.  I eventually decided on just painting the mantle and letting it be...until I had the great idea of hanging my newly-decoupaged letters on the brick to brighten it up some.  I'm mostly satisfied with the result...but those brass doors are still on my list of things to replace (when I happen to have an extra $600...eek).  Here's the after picture, tell me what you think:






To see how I decoupaged the letters, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment