About Me

My Photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rain Gutter Bookshelves

I've been eying these rain gutter bookshelves on other blogs for a couple of years now.  I think its a great way to display books so that little ones will be more likely to read them, and I knew I had to do it.  Well I finally got around to getting all my supplies from Lowe's, so it was time to start the project! 

There are TONS of rain gutter bookshelf tutorials out there, so I won't make a new one, but I will tell you how EASY it was!  You can find everything you need at Lowe's or Home Depot.  I got the gutters (2) for $5.50/each (10 ft long, I cut them in half to make 4 shelves), brackets for $2 (I used 3 brackets per shelf), and the end caps for $4 (make sure to get the appropriate amount of right and left end caps).  The whole project, not including the vinyl quote, cost around $50-$60 for 4 shelves. 

All you have to do is use the brackets to hang the gutters, put some books on them, and let your kiddos explore the books!  I added a really cute Dr. Seuss quote from this Etsy shop to complete the project.  The vinyl was a pain to get on the wall, but I love how it turned out.

So if you've been thinking about doing this project...just DO IT!  Its so super easy, and sure to benefit your kiddo's imagination.  You'll be glad you did :).


2 comments:

  1. I love love love these! I did the molding book shelves, but I think these would be a lot easier for my daughter to maneuver! I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello! I hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday, hadn't heard of rain gutter shelves, and so now I'm all the wiser, and inspired!

    ReplyDelete