About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Babycakes Cake Pop Maker

I've owned this handy little Cake Pop Maker by Babycakes for about a year now, and I love it!  I must start off by saying that these are not the traditional cake pop though.  They don't have any icing, which makes them less sickeningly-sweet in my opinion.  I'll go over a few helpful hints I've found through trial and error with this machine.

First, get piping bags.  You NEED piping bags to fill up the cavities with precision.  Plug in the machine and let it heat up (only takes a couple of minutes).  Make a standard cake batter, and fill your piping bag with it.  Snip a hole in the bag and fill up the cavities.  The trick is to fill it to just barely below the line.  This is the perfect amount of cake batter with no overflow.  Try and fill them all quickly, as the first ones have already started baking. 

Close the machine and set the timer.  Mine only took 3 minutes to bake, but yours might need more or less.  They're done when you can press one and it lightly springs back.  Use the fork tool to take them out and set them on the cooling tray.  Repeat step one of filling up the machine with batter.  While your second set is baking, transfer the first set to the freezer.  Keep on repeating until you've used all your batter.

You want the cake pops to be in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.  After that, take them out and get your sticks and chocolate.  Melt a little of the chocolate, dip the end of a stick in it, and put it in the cake pop.  Repeat with all cake pops.  Put them back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.  The freezer time is imperative because its what keeps the cake pops from falling off the stick (one of the most common problems people have).

Once your cake pops have been in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, its time to dip them.  Melt your chocolate (I use a chocolate melting pot by Wilton) in a narrow, deep bowl or cup.  Then take each cake pop and dip it.  You want to hold it at an angle, tapping it on the side of your dish while slowly spinning it, pointing downwards, to get the excess chocolate off.  Once it looks good, put it in the drying rack.  If you want to add sprinkles or any toppings, make sure to do it before the chocolate hardens.  Once more in the fridge and then the cake pops are ready to be packaged up or eaten!

This machine makes it easy to make pretty cake pops because they are all uniform in size.  No more rolling and messy hands either!  Here are a few pics of ones that I've made.  Enjoy!





*This post was not indorsed or approved by Babycakes, and no free products were given in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment