About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spaghetti and Meatballs Cake



This has got to be one of the easiest cakes I have ever made!  A fun cake for any occasion, especially April Fools Day!  There are several tutorials out there...I'll tell you how I made mine.

First you'll need the ingredients:
-A baked and cooled cake (I used an 8 inch cake pan, but you can use any size really)
-Your favorite icing recipe (I use buttercream dream always!)
-1/4 tsp cocoa powder
-A few drops of yellow food coloring
-Ferrero Rocher chocolates (can be found at most grocery stores and WalMart)
-Strawberry jam
-White chocolate

Begin by mixing in the cocoa to your buttercream frosting.  Add food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired color is achieved.

Fill your piping bag with the frosting (I used a #4 icing tip) and begin to draw squiggly lines all over the cake.  There is no perfect way to do this- just keep on making squiggly lines, overlapping, until the entire cake is covered.

Just barely warm up the jam in the microwave until it becomes soft enough to give it a good stir.  Top the cake with the "sauce".

Put the "meatballs" on top of the sauce...you can roll them in jam first if you want.

Finish the cake by grating some white chocolate over the top for "cheese". 

Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment