About Me

My photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Thursday, January 17, 2013

Valentine's Day Light Block (version 2)

Want a fun and easy way to add a little touch of Valentine's Day decor to your home?  A light block is fun and festive, and super easy to make!  I made a tutorial 2 years ago, but I wanted to show a different version.

First you'll need your supplies (I found everything I needed at Hobby Lobby):  One clear glass block with a hole in it, a strand of lights, glass frosting spray paint, Valentine's Day stickers, and ribbon.


First you will need to clean the block.  Run it under warm water and the sticker will peel right off.  Then dry it and clean the block with Windex.  Be careful not to leave any fingerprints on the front part.

Once the block is clean, you can spray it with the glass frosting spray.  Use sweeping motions to apply the spray.  I did 3 coats to get to the desired finish, and only on the front part....but you can do the entire block if you wish.  *I previously used glass etching cream to frost the glass, but I found this to be cheaper and easier, with a more even frosting to it.  I loved it!

After the block is dry, its time to put the lights in.  Then put the stickers on (you can use hot glue to really make sure it lasts) and lastly tie a bow around the block.  You can make it as simple (like mine) or poofy as you want.

Your block is finished!  Plug it in and enjoy your crafty creation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment