About Me

My Photo
Who am I? I'm a wife to my best friend. I'm 'mama' to two silly boys. I'm a full time mom, a cook, a housekeeper, a chauffeur, an errand runner, and a boo boo kisser. I'm a cake decorator and an aspiring crafter when I find time. Throwing parties are my true passion. I'm loving my life and trying to enjoy every minute with my boys!
Powered by Blogger.

Featured On:




Monday, February 4, 2013

Children's Art Display

I have to say first off that I am not good with power tools.  Ok, maybe that's an understatement....I don't know the first thing about power tools.  So when I came up with this project idea, I knew I would need some help. 

First I went to Lowe's for my supplies.  I got 3 strips of metal (I don't know what they're intended for, but they were by the key making section at my Lowe's), screws with anchors, and magnets.  Do NOT be tempted by the aluminum strips that are right by the metal ones.  Yes they are thinner cheaper, but remember...magnets will not stick to it!


Now the guy at the store told me that the screws would go through the metal.  NOPE!  I tried one, and it completely took off the twists on the screw.  Helpful Hubby to the rescue!  He pre-drilled the holes on the metal strips using Cobalt drill bits.  It was easy peasy after that.

I measured where I wanted the strips and marked it with a pencil.  Then I screwed the wall anchors in (these particular wall anchors did not need a drill), lined up the metal strips, and screwed them in using the pre-drilled holes.  I made sure to space them far enough apart for a standard size piece of paper, and used the bottom strip to hang larger pieces of art.  Lastly, I added this cute vinyl Picasso quote I got from Etsy.


And tada!  A cute and fun way to display my kiddos' artwork from school.  It fits right in with the rest of the playroom decor, and I love it.  Next project: make cuter magnets to go with it!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I've been wanting to put up an art wall in my boys' playroom, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do. This is a great idea! I love the quote you used. :) New follower.

    Visiting from Someday Crafts.

    ~Emily

    www.texaslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete